Child Rights in Rajasthan Project
The Child Rights in Rajasthan Project supported by Save the Children- Bal Raksha Bharat, covered 57 Gram Panchyats ; consists 33 GPs in Sajjangarh and 24 GPs in Gangad Talai Blocks of Banswara.
2019 to 2021
Overall Objective of the Project:
By Strengthening the Integrated Child Protection Scheme and working consistently with child protection system at various levels in the district of Udaipur division, the project aims for significant reduction in vulnerable of children especially child labour and migration. The intervention aims to ensure effective workforce development of personnel of Pancahyat level child protection committee, Block level Child Protection committee and District level child protection committee in 6 districts of Udaipur division and block child protection unit in 11 blocks of Banswara and Panchyat level child protection committee (PLCPCs) in 04 blocks of Banswara and Juvenile Justice structures in the district. The envisage impact of the intervention is to have strengthened and child protection system in the districts with a vision of prompt action and reduced vulnerability of children for moving towards child labour free Banswara.
Expected Objectives/Outcomes and Output 1.
By 2021, at least 30% villages across Banswara district are declared child labour free through the efforts of 142 functional panchayat level child protection committee in their area.
- 30% of villages in four blocks of Banswara district are declared child labour free (inclusive of the 20% villages in two blocks that are declared child labour free in the first phase)
- 80% of Panchayat level child protection committee in four blocks of district are established and functional
- 70% reduction in child labour across project area ( inclusive of the 80% reduction in 200 villages in phase 1)
- 75% of Children removed from child labour in the focus districts are enrolled in school/go back to back school or are linked with vocational training programme.
Enhanced capacity of Panchyats level child protection committee in project area to address child labour issues.
- Number and types of cases successfully address by Panchayat level child protection committees on child labour aspects on four blocks
- Number and types of preventive actions facilitated by PLCPCs
- Each Panchayat level child protection committee has child tracking mechanism for vulnerable children
Enhanced capacity of panchayat level child protection committee and government officials to address child labour issues
- % of panchayats level child protection committee are formed
- Number of cases successfully taken up by panchayat level child protection committee on child labour
- Number of preventive actions facilitated by Panchyats level child protection committee
Enhanced community awareness on child rights issues in project area
- % of community members aware of child rights issues especially child labour, migration and scholl enrolment in project area.
Effective linkage of households with social protection scheme
- % of households having access to key social protection scheme
- % reduction in migration cases
- % of children and households linked to Rajasthan Mission on Livelihood scheme and programmes
Enhanced Knowledge and skills of block and district level ( child protection committee and government officials to effectively address child labour issue
- 100% District Child Protection Committee are trained and assessed based on competency based approach
- % of Block level child protection committee are trained and assessed based on competency based approach
- Number of block and district level CPC actions on child labour cases.
Increased capacity of District Child Protection Units staff and block level child protection committee members to competency based training and assessment framework.
- Job descriptions and occupational standard developed for all the job roles/positions in DCPU and BLCPC.
- % of officials shows improved competencies as per Performa criteria for their roles and responsibilities
- 80% of trained officials are maintaining evidence on the efficacy of the training.
- Improved coordination among various child protection functionaries for proper redress of cases of violation
Ensure cross learning with and influencing of district and state officials on child labour issues.
- Number of collaborative interventions of District Child Protection Unit with other department like tribal area development, education, rural development, Rajasthan mission on livelihoods, Rajasthan skills Development Corporation.
- District level task force on child labour developed and functional
- District level plan to eradicate child labour developed as per the standard operating procedure launched by Ministry of Labour & Employment and to facilitate regular review of plan ensured and action taken evident.
Strengthen evidence on government systems and structure for redress of child protection issues
- Number of empirical research studies on integrated child protection schemes structure its gaps and challenged and effects of competency based training and assessment