In 1983, CUTS, a rights based advocacy group, began out of a rural development communication initiative, a wall newspaper entitled, Gram Gadar (Village Revolution). It regularly reaches far-flung and remote villages of the Rajasthan State and has been instrumental in providing a forum for the vulnerable communities and under-privileged classes to get justice. To facilitate intervention process for ‘community-based action programmes’ at the grassroots level, the Centre for Human Development (CHD) was established in the year 1990 in the village Senti of Chittorgarh district.
To be an innovative and strategic centre to achieve holistic human development
Objective of CUTS-CHD as below:
- To steer human development through interventions focusing on social, political and economic empowerment of people.
- To secure increased access to social equity, economic justice and good governance for all.
- To organize efforts for environmental education and protection.
- To ensure sound health and hygiene for all.
- To safeguard rights of children.